Over #8: First Among Prequels
Note: Go here for answers to and our "leader board" at the end of Over #7 of "Think it Over" .
England recently won their first-ever multi-national (loosely defined) tournament by taking home the ICC WT20 trophy. India had done so famously in the Prudential World Cup of 1983. Pakistan and Sri Lanka scored their first World Cup successes in 1992 and 1996 respectively.
It made us wonder, what other teams have managed to achieve firsts in multi-national tournaments. It so happens none of these achievements have been reprised since, some because those events themselves have since been scrapped, others because the teams have become less scrappy. We’ll let you find out and tell us in this, our 4th over of “Think It Over”.
Take a shot at the 6 balls in this over by emailing us your answers to: FRONTFOOT@DREAMCRICKET.COM
The subject of the email should read "Think it Over - Enter the Quiz #, Enter the name of the quiz".
You will have about one week to do so. Entries will be closed by midnight of the Sunday after each quiz is announced.
- Connect the cricket personalities in the photo with the medal shown there. Then tell us how that connection leads us to a cricket first?
- This scorecard holds a very important place in cricket history. Can you figure out which match it is from and what unique first (and only!) award did the winning team secure for themselves that no other team has been able to since?
- Connect the photos below with a first-of-its kind cricket event as well as an achievement that hasn't been repeated since.
- Identify the subjects of and connect the following photos to a cricketing first that hasn't been repeated.
- These happy campers are seen here with a trophy that they won from the first tournament of its kind. Who are they, when is this photo from and what did they win?
- Finally, a rebellion that became a tradition that became an annual fixture that was finally sunsetted recently. Who are these gentlemen and what did they kick off the day they took this photo?