Now, you can get all the USA Cricket updates via Facebook. Also follow us on Twitter via @dreamcricket
Media Release - USACA Board of Directors Meeting – Florida October 22, 2011
A USACA board meeting was held in Fort Lauderdale, Florida to cover a
range of governance and management issues ranging from approval of an
independent compliance auditor, election auditor to the timing of
regional and national election.
In attendance were Gladstone Dainty, Michael Gale, Rafey Syed, John
Thickett, Ahmed Jeddy, Shelton Glasgow, Krish Prasad, Ajay Athavale,
Masood Syed, Nasir Javid and Manaf Mohamed and the meeting ran from
12.15pm to 6.00pm to accommodate for all the major items on the agenda.
Below are the key sets of actions, resolutions and agreements that were
made at the meeting.
A significant number of key items and issues were covered with the core
focus being the need to reach organizational and statutory compliance
levels for the forthcoming national and regional elections. Dates and a
clear process that is compliant with the USACA constitution was laid out
with unanimous approval from the board on each of the key resolutions.
The hiring of independent auditor as well as independent auditors to
supervise each of the regional board elections is a critical step
forward in transparent governance at all levels.
The following items are the key resolutions and actions the board agreed to.
- Central east region - the establishment of a special sub committee to
investigate if correct constitutional process was followed to remove Mr.
Akhtar Masood Syed as regional representative. Until the sub committee
reports Mr. Akhtar Masood Syed remains as the regional representative.
- For the North East Region the current suspension remains in force
until the independent auditor’s and compliance reports are delivered,
(see dates below).
Board member resolutions
- The suspension of Executive Secretary John Aaron was up-held for a
period of six (6) months from the date the suspension was imposed by the
President. This was a unanimous vote.
- The appointment of Ahmed Jeddy as chair of the Cricket Committee to
replace Krish Prasad. Messrs.’, Keith Gill, Manaf Mohamed and Ajay
Athavale were also appointed to the Cricket Committee as members.
- The unanimous re-appointment of PKF as the independent auditor and tax
preparation for FY2011. This is a critical element of ICC compliance.
- The President and Treasurer were authorized to sign and file the
organization’s federal and state tax returns post the compliance review
and by the November 15th deadline.
- The unanimous appointment of Robert Chance, Esq. to conduct a
Compliance Review of all USACA Leagues prior to the commencement of the
regional and then the national organizations board. This is critical for
- All Compliance Review response must be accompanied by a signed sworn
affidavit by each Leagues’ President and Secretary assenting to Article
III Section 9 of USACA Constitution
Cricket Holdings America LLC (CHALLC)
- Ratification of the important agreement between USACA, NZC, Top Bloom
and On Site [sic] establishing Cricket Holdings America LLC (CHALLC).
- Ratification of the appointment of the following persons as USACA
representatives on the Board of CHALLC; Gladstone Dainty, John Thickett,
Dr. Asif Ahmad and Ram Varadarajan.
Regional and National Elections
It is important for ICC compliance that the elections for regional
boards and a new USACA board are completed, in the correct sequence
before the end of December 2011. In order to deliver compliance to the
constitutional process the USACA board will hire an independent auditor
to supervise and be present during all of the regional board elections.
All regions must hold elections following the compliance review to the
Specific election procedures for the regional boards are available
inside the USACA constitution and must be complied to. This is available
at www. USACA.org
- Oct 24 Nominations open for the regional elections
- Nov 8 Compliance report received and reviewed by USACA board
- Nov 12 Leagues are informed of their compliance (USACA report)
- Nov 19 All regional elections to have occurred
- Nov 20 - 27 USACA National Board nomination process
- Dec 3 Completed background checks on USACA nominees
- Dec 19 Return of ballots from compliant leagues
- Dec 21 Announcement of the USACA board results for the next board
Contact Manaf Mohamed, General Manager, with questions.