Kenyan cricket players accept new contracts
NAIROBI, March 13 (AFP) - Eleven Kenyan cricket players sacked last month over a pay dispute have accepted new contracts offered by
the Kenya Cricket Association (KCA), officials said here Tuesday.
The new contracts offer players a huge monthly salary hike of between 40 and 100 percent, which was one of the key demands by the
players, who claimed salaries had been increased by only one percent over a period of three years.
"We are fully satisfied about the terms and conditions we have agreed with the players, which are of course much better than they were
previously," KCA chairman Jimmy Rayani said.
"We have spent sleepless night over the last two months. We are happy about the new arrangements and ready to resume our cricket," said
wicket-keeper Kennedy Otieno, one of the 11 sacked players.
Rayani said Kenya's tour of India would go ahead in November after a scheduled visit to the sub-continent last month was called off following