Now, you can get all the USA Cricket updates via Facebook. Also follow us on Twitter via @dreamcricket
International Cricket Council wishes to appoint a Regional Development Manager - Americas Region
The International Cricket Council (ICC) is the global governing body for cricket. Its Development Programme has specific strategic objectives aimed at the sustainable development and strengthening of the sport globally.
The Americas is one of five regional offices within the Pepsi ICC Development Programme.
This important role is charged with planning, managing and delivering a range of cricket development programmes across the ICC’s 17 Associate and Affiliate Member nations within the Americas region.
- Review, update and implement a regional operational plan for cricket development in the Americas region
- Work in co-operation with the ICC Development Programmes Manager and other Regional Managers to achieve performance targets of the ICC Global Development Programme
- Assist Members to achieve sustainable growth by supporting their development programmes, governance, administration, revenue raising and cricket promotion efforts
- Oversee the region’s international tournament structure, performance programme and cricket education programme (coaching, umpiring, groundsmanship and cricket administration).
- Supervise and manage the performance of five reporting staff and prepare and administer the annual ICC Americas regional budget
Requirements for a successful candidate:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area
- Proven expertise in sports management with good understanding of best practice sport development principles
- A thorough understanding of the game of cricket
- Excellent financial control; able to plan, forecast, manage a budget in excess of $1 million
- Proven management, leadership and administration experience
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills at all levels
- Ability to work with stakeholders from different backgrounds across cultural and national identities
- Proven strategic planning and implementation attributes
- Ability to develop partnerships across various sectors (corporate, government, non-government and media)
- Energy and passion required to inspire others to perform
- Independence and a self-starter attitude
Conditions of employment:
- The position reports to the ICC Development Programmes Manager who is based in Dubai
- As part of the role international and domestic travel will be required
Remuneration offered will be commensurate with qualifications and experiences
If you feel that you can meet the challenge, please email your CV and cover letter to the recruitment project manager Ali Khan at: email@example.com [A full job description is available on request.]
The closing date for applications is July 13, 2012. First round interviews will be held towards the end of July.