The cricket field #2 is located in Watsessing Park in Bloomfield, New Jersey. The park is located on 69.67 acres in the Townships of Bloomfield and East Orange, in the eastern section of Essex County. The meandering Second River (originally "Wigwam Brook"), joined here by Toneys Brook, flows through this long open park bounded by the Garden State Parkway, Glenwood Avenue, Cleveland Terrace, Dodd Street, and Bloomfield Avenue. It is the fourth largest park in the county system.
The name was derived from the Lenni-Lenape Indians, whose words for hill, (Watschu) and stone (Assan), are combined.
Land acquisition for this park began in 1901 when ten acres were donated by the City of East Orange to the Park Commission. Designed in 1899 by the Olmsted Brothers firm, it has been enlarged considerably since that time but reduced slightly when construction of the Garden State Parkway required the taking of some of the acreage. Monies paid for the right-of-way by the State helped improve th
From Garden State Parkway North:
- Take exit 148 to Bloomfield Ave.
- Pay toll and stay in the left most lane to traffic light (Bloomfield Ave, Hoffman Chevrolet/BMW Dealer on Right).
- Cross over Bloomfield Ave (must be in the left lane) and go under the Parkway making a U-turn back to Bloomfield Ave.
- (Texaco Gas Station on right).
- Turn right onto Bloomfield Ave. Watsessing Park starts on your left.
- From right on Bloomfield Ave to Cricket ground is 0.5 miles.
- At first light make left onto Municipal Plaza.
- Follow winding road to traffic light (Glenwood Ave.).
- Make left onto Glenwood Ave pass CVS Pharmacy on right.
- Cricket ground is on your left opposite the Sonoco gas station.
From Garden State Parkway South:
- Take exit 148 to Bloomfield Ave. You will be on JFK Drive South.
- After you exit from the Parkway, the first light is Montgomery St, second light is Franklin St and the third traffic light is Bloomfield Ave (Texaco Gas Station).
- Make right onto Bloomfield Ave and follow directions above